1. National Chung Hsing University
National Chung Hsing University has undergone a number of significant stages of change. It began as the Advanced Academy of Agronomy and Forestry, founded by the Japanese in Taipei in 1919. After 1928, the Academy became a special department affiliated to Taihoku Imperial University (now National Taiwan University). However, the department became an independent school again in 1943 and was moved to Taichung.
After the Restoration of Taiwan in 1945, the school was reorganized and renamed Taiwan Provincial Taichung Agricultural Junior College. In 1946, the Junior College evolved into a higher institution, Taiwan Provincial College of Agriculture. Then in 1961, it combined with the newly-established College of Science and Engineering on the same Taichung campus and the College of Law and Business founded in Taipei in 1949, to become Taiwan Provincial Chung Hsing University. In 1964, an Evening School was set up on the Taipei Campus. In 1968 another Evening School and the College of Liberal Arts were added to the Taichung Campus. The University continued to grow in size, and in 1971 it became a national university and assumed its present name: National Chung Hsing University (NCHU).
The College of Veterinary Medicine was established in September 1999. In February 2000, the Taipei Campus including the College of Law & Business and Taipei Evening School was combined into the newly established National Taipei University. The College of Social Sciences & Management was established on Taichung Campus at the same time. In August 2002, the Extension Division and the Extension Education Center were combined into the Extension Division for In-service and Continuing Education.
NCHU is located in the south of Taichung City with an area of approximately 53 hectares. The main campus contains the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the College of Science, the College of Engineering, the College of Life Sciences, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Management, the College of Law and Politics, and the School of Innovation and Industry Liaison. The university owns four experimental forest stations located respectively in New Taipei City (Wenshan Forest Station), Nantou County (Huisun Forest Station), Taichung City (Tungshih Forest Station), and Tainan City (Hsinhua Forest Station). It also owns two experimental farms located at Wufeng and Wujih in Taichung City and a Horticultural Experiment Station located at Renai in Nantou County.

-Library International Conference Hall
The library dates back to 1919 when the school began as the Advanced Academy of Agronomy and Forestry. For several decades, the collections were held in individual classrooms as the school underwent various name changes. In 1961, the school became the Taiwan Provincial Chung Hsing University and began to build the Taiwan Provincial Chung Hsing University Library. The library was a two-story building situated next to the sports ground and contained 320 reading seats within its 875 square meters.
Due to the increase in student population and the resulting demand, a new library named the Chung-Cheng Memorial Library was built next to the Chung-Hsing Lake and opened for operations in 1980. The library consisted of two buildings: a four-floor circular building containing 1,100 reading seats and a five-floor rectangular building to house the stacks.
The Chung-Cheng Memorial Library suffered severe damages from the large-scale earthquake on 21 September 1999. During reconstruction, the library’s main collections and resources were moved to three temporary sites: the Monograph Lending Center located in the basement of the Student Center, the Reference and Periodical Service Center located in the basement of the Hui-Sun Auditorium, and the Library Administration and AV Room located on the first level of the former Science-Engineering Building.
The current National Chung-Hsing University Library was inaugurated on 21 September 2005. Measuring 34,492 square meters, it has seven floors and a basement, with 2,100 reading seats and building-wide wireless internet access.
In 2010, the basement was redesigned from a traditional self-study area into a learning commons to provide an environment that facilitates both individual and group study. White dominates the color scheme, with wood tone and splashes of green implemented to tie a clean modern aesthetic with a hint of nature. Support columns are decorated to emulate trees branching into the ceiling. Glass walls printed with silhouettes of trees subdivide the area yet maintain the impression of accessibility.

Library International Conference Hall

NCHU hall2.JPG

Map to NCHU

NCHU map1.gif


2. Windsor Hotel
Windsor Hotel is part of an international chain hotel built and invested by the Pou Chen Group (PCC, the world's largest athletic footwear manufacturer). Pou Chen always believes in “being rooted in Taiwan and giving back to the community” and the CEO C.J. Tsai decided to build a twin tower in central Taiwan to be his corporate headquarters and also the prestigious Windsor Hotel even though the company has since expanded to numerous overseas locations. Here, our international guests are welcomed with warmth and professional service.

The Taichung Windsor Hotel is centrally located in the main hub of the Taichung Zhonggang commercial district. The characteristic building employs the beautiful twin architectural design and is surrounded by a private garden. In addition, it is the premium hotel closest to Taichung HSR station.

Five stars certification, keeping the promise of roses.
Windsor Hotel is a five-star hotel, the highest rank stars level of the hotel by the Tourism Bureau.

1.jpg 2.jpg5.jpg

Address: 610 Sec. 4 Taiwan Boulevard,
Taichung, 40764 Taiwan.R.O.C.
TEL : 886-4-24656555
FAX : 886-4-24658555